Friday, June 26, 2009

Shingles! Not the kind on your roof...

Yep, I have shingles. I am 28 and other than being a little overweight, healthy. Stress, well yes, I have stress. So I suppose this is how it has chosen to manifest itself. It started with burning tingly skin. Then about 24 hours later the first set of rashy lesions appeared:
Another 24 hours later they have spread and hurt like hell and itch so bad at the same time. I am freaking miserable. I am on Valtrex and the doctor gave me a painkiller. Too bad that makes me super nauseous without relieving any discomfort.
I do not think I can handle months of this! Ugh, I will be updating here and there. I am mostly chronicling for my own record.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch, ouch, ouch. I really hope you don't have to deal with that mess long.

    ReplyDelete