Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful today for my children. Although they fight and argue and cry and scream; they pout and whine and yell and shout;

but they also love and snuggle and kiss and hug; they wiggle and dance and smile and laugh.


I am thankful that I can sit and read a book while they keep each other occupied.

I am also thankful that girls are so much easier to potty train than boys are.

I am also really thankful for a husband who understands that I have off days, and that I need days off. He doesn't always complain that the dishes aren't done and that the floors aren't swept. He will quietly do all of these things when he senses that I have had enough. Sure, he may not do it with a smile on his face or a whistle on his lips, but he is my partner. He treats me like a queen in so many ways that I often take for granted. I haven't taken the trash out once in 6 years. I don't clean my car, I don't do gross boy things like squashing bugs and cleaning toilets. So I am acknowledging this family I have and am thankful for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment