Friday, August 14, 2009

Fabulous Find Friday!

I am liking the alliteration titles the past 2 days. I have seen a lot of blogger buzz about Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross . So when I was at Joann's picking up supplies for a secret pal gift I thought I would look for it. As luck would have it, I was sans children. I spent probably 5 solid minutes in the book section. I didn't see it until I was about to leave (the cover is different). So I picked one up, with my 40% off coupon. I am excited about it! There are patterns in the front and back covers. I read the forward and she seems like the perfect person to inspire me to take on small projects when I can. These are projects that I really think I can accomplish on my downtime.
I also picked up a few fall things for the kids today at the Children's Orchard in new condition (as in tags still attached) from Gymboree and Gap, 5 shirts and 2 sweaters for about $25. Then I visited my thrift store here in the BC and found a few books from the 19-teens for my sister at less than $2 a piece along with some McCall's patterns from the 70's at $0.25 a piece.


Aubrey and I also enjoyed lunch together while the boys were out playing in the desert. All in all it was a wonderful Friday (other than Matt not receiving his paycheck from Portland for the second time in a row!!


No comments:

Post a Comment