Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hmmm...

There are just days when you don't have a whole lot to say. My brain is so fried! RJ is the stragest sweetest little boy. He is far too smart for his 3-year old britches. He remembers things that slip my mind all the time. He can recall things from well over a year ago and has a phenomenal vocabulary. Sure, every parent thinks their kid is a genious, but he scares me sometimes. He can pronounce Albuquerque like it's nothing and remembers a snow fort we built for him last Christmas. He likes to visit his memaw and grandpa and he really likes Madelyn (the spaniel pupstress!). He remembers playing "boo" with my sister, Sara, and that is how she earned the nickname "Auntie Boo". She wears it so proudly you would think it was her given name.

See, now I've got myself going. Sara and I have a strange, often strained (although much less so since RJ's birth) relationship. I was a crappy sister when we were growing up and I did a lot of vicious things. She bears scars internally and on the surface as well. I didn't think (and often still don't believe) that I was any worse than other big sisters out there. Hell, our neighbors were far more violent with each other! I think we've come to the point that we can move on at almost 24 and 27 and I am thankful for that. I have many fond memories of us playing, but everyone has a different point of view.

Now maybe the dynamic between a brother and sister is different. I know that Matt and his sister certainly had a strained relationship, but he would have killed for her if necessary (another pact Sara and I had come to think of it). I could not imagine my life without my sister, nor can he without his. That is what is going to get me through, the thought that they will bond and love each other more than life itself... even if that day is long off.

No comments:

Post a Comment